Daem is a non-governmental non-profit organization established in Amman – Jordan early in 2012 concerned to enhance the human environment by directing media sector attention on development subjects.
The stockholders of Daem are experts in civil society and media transactions as the administrative of Daem are ex-administrative in TV stations, Radio producers, owners and publishers of electronic news sites, creating TV programs & campaigns, stuff of Daem are media specialists holding BA from universities in media and journalism.
Daem is not calculated on any political movement but keep high connections with Jordanian parties.
1. Provide internal and external training to journalists.
- Disseminate cultural and educational awareness within the legal framework governing the Media Exertion.
- Implement the activities of advocacy in support of the reform process and information along with decision-makers.
- Work and cooperate with relevant sectors to support the democratic freedom of information such as the judiciary and lawyers.
- Expose lines of cooperation with various Arab and international institutions concerned with the affairs of media.
- Provide legal defense to journalists and media organizations.
Daem Recent activities:
-Training courses for media sector to cover elections 2013 in coordination with US Embassy in Amman.
– Implementing the rights of access to information project with UNISCO 2013-2014.
– Developing women parliament Members role in Media project with MEPI 2013-2014.
– Raising Awareness of Digital Broadcasting in Jordan project with OSF 2014.
– Enhancing provinces Youth awareness in info sources with King Abdullah II Fund/ Tamkeen Demoqrati 2014.
– Building skills for Jordanian government spokespersons to work better with media in collaboration with the US Embassy. 2014
– Lobbying to amend Article 308 / Jordanian Penal Code which talk about ” If a correct marriage contract is concluded between the perpetrator of one of the crimes stipulated in this section and the victim, any pursuit shall be stopped; if a judgment was issued in the case, execution of penalty shall be suspended”. 2014 – 2016
– Empowering sports reporters in collaboration with KAFD 2015.